
My grandma died two years ago…about right now. She was at my cousin’s house and her
oldest daughter was by her side. My cousin, his wife and the hospice nurse were outside, discussing different options on how to care for her as she slipped away. My aunt came outside and said simply, “she’s gone.” She is gone and I miss her. I miss her when I drive by the Marquette. I miss her when I’m on the golf course. I miss her when I eat Quaker Instant Oatmeal or Hillbilly bread or those mini cans of orange juice. I missed her a lot when I danced with Grandma Corr at a wedding this past weekend. Time has healed but not made me forget, thank you, God.

I can’t focus too much on the loss as this is a happy week. Two of my best friends will finally be married and they have asked me to not only be a witness to their vows but to also be an attendant. It is such an honor. And I will cry at the wedding. This is one of those few marriages that has placed God at the center and has sought guidance from Him. They are blessed by our heavenly Father. This is also a union which asked for accountability in keeping them on the right path before their marriage…so you know this might be a short-lived reception (just kidding…kind of).
1 comment:
I will bring a lot of tissues :)
Post a Comment