Monday, September 11, 2006

In another 5 years...

"Where were you when the world stopped turning
that September day
Teaching a class full of innocent children
Driving down some cold interstate"
~Alan Jackson

It was raining this morning and I had forgotten it was 9/11. I drove in from Lansing and the closer I got to Detroit, the rain lessened. I was listening to Joyce Meyer and it suddenly occurred to me it was 9/11. I turned on the radio in time for the moment of silence when the first plane hit. The sun was breaking through and the clouds had formed a broken cross in the sky. Tears streamed down my face as I remembered all of the confusion and pain from 5 years ago. I also felt...saved. No matter what, God reminded me this morning that I'm saved from hell when I die.

I wasn't in a room teaching but I thought about my...fiance :) who was teaching that day. I also know my niece and nephew are asking a lot more questions as they have grown 5 years older since the attacks occurred. It still hurts and maybe it should.

I received the nicest e-mail in my inbox from my friend in Australia:

Wasn't sure whether you'll be at work today, but wanted you to know that the events of 5 years ago are in our minds.

I'm thinking of her due to the loss of Steve Irwin and she's thinking of me because of the day in history.

No comments: