It's hot outside. Last night, I finally went to get the mail around 10:30 p.m. I looked up at the clear night and smiled. Yes, I noticed it was humid and still really hot out but I sensed a peace in the stars and black sky. I almost forgot what had taken place across the street in February. I remembered that when I saw Jimmy's house on the way back to my door. By the time I got to my front step, I was ready to go back in because...
Man, it's hot outside.
I will embrace it, though. It is August 1 and I don't like the fall so I will embrace these summer months and all that goes along with it.
That being said, I received this e-mail from my step-mom this morning:
This is the first time I can remember this happening since I worked for the State (25 years). A directive from the gov is attached. Our overheads are all out and the temp rising. They stopped all road work on Michigan. The county is having rolling blackouts and there are pockets around Lansing that do not have any electricity - which would be awful. So a little is better than none. I hope Chuck turned the air off before he left home.
Dear Staff, At this link you will find an Executive Directive regarding energy usage for the next two days.
In an effort to comply with the Governors Directive, we will be shutting down overhead lights here in the Lansing Office to the greatest extent possible. The large light banks draw much more energy than your task lights (the lights under your overhead shelves) so we ask you to work with task light only. If this proves impossible, lights may be turned on, but lets see what we can live with. I believe the Detroit Office in Cadillac Place will be taking similar measures.
We will also be adjusting the cooling temperature upward so you may feel a change. Please bear with us as we work to meet this Directive.
This Directive expires Wednesday evening. Thanks for doing your part.
It's hot outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment