Guess what today is in the world of me?!?!?!
Actually, I'm not too thrilled. I remember when I was dating my ex-boyfriend after a year. We were both 23 or so and I asked him what his intentions were. He said he didn't want to get married until he was...oh...32 or 33. I laughed and told him we would never work out because there was NO WAY I was waiting THAT LONG to get married.
I'm half way to 31. Is this some kind of joke, God?
Really, though, I love how Joey and I are waiting on the Lord to help us through this pre-engagement time. Just because our closest friends are getting engaged and married, we are waiting on God to move us. He has yet to settle our hearts but is instead working on us both, seperately and as a couple. So, I guess I can only be happy that it hasn't happened yet...I could have rushed that last relationship into a horrible marriage.
So...happy 1/2 birthday to me :) Another 1/2 year wiser than I was six months ago, right? Ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment