Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Facing Pain, Receiving Joy: Part 3

I had to teach RivKids Sunday at 10. I was pumped to teach but I felt weary from being a little sick and from the battle that had raged in my mind. I went to my classroom feeling so comfortable…and…well…I almost have to laugh. I can’t even really write about it but I’ll just say this: you can have many, many “safe places” in your life (places you can hide), but if God wants to make a point, if He wants you to turn around and face something, you can’t run for long. Well, I didn’t have a choice about the situation, but I did have a choice about my reaction. I swallowed my pride, prayed about it and quit running from it. I ended up feeling so much peace. The turmoil inside faded quickly. I had an awesome time teaching my kidlets about what God cares about. I even faced the thing I keep running from, pretty much because God has made it obvious I can’t run anymore. Again, relief and peace.

After picking grass in Riv’s front yard with Yi, talking to both Noel and Steve, missing a chance to say hello to Alan (sorry!) and listening to Eric tell me his gross story about breaking his ankle, I was on my way to Joey’s with a heart overflowing with confidence. People love me. I love them. There’s still a blog coming about that topic, though. Joey and I packed, became hungry, went to Applebee’s, had really bad service, gave our waiter a $5 tip anyhow, saw my step-dad and went back to packing. With Nick’s help we got almost everything out. The kitty cats might need therapy after the car ride, though. I was following Joey in the Mazda and decided to pass him. I saw Chessie sitting in his lap. When I called him, he said Hemi was hiding under the seat but Chessie was trying to co-pilot the Ion.

It was a lot of work to move Corr to the Corr's but I got to help unpack which is my favorite part of moving. I slept in the guest bedroom and felt like I was at a bed and breakfast.

Yes, this weekend was not full of joy but it was certainly a test of character. Will I be moved?

No comments: