Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Weekend

I haven't posted pics in awhile so I thought I would do that.

Friday night: Went to the Poison concert with JAC, Krissie and Andy. It was pretty cool. I liked Poison a lot when I was 12. I did notice that I feel a lot more comfortable putting my hands in the air at a concert than I do at church or a Christian conference. Just an observation. I know I don't have to either but I thought it was interesting.

Saturday: Went to the MAC with my step-mom. Did 10 minutes on the stairmaster and 20 minutes on the treadmill. We lifted and then said screw it. A change of clothes and we were out by the pool. Now, my step-mom was the one who first brought me to swimming lessons. The apartments she and my father lived in had a pool, too so i was begging them to bring me all the time. I had not been to a pool with her probably since I was 8 or 9. There is a huge water slide at the MAC. We decided to go for it. She went first and then I waited my turn. All the excitement from when I was a kid built up inside of me and came pouring out as I went down that water slide. Just before I hit the bottom, I saw Christine at the edge of the pool, laughing hysterically. I began to laugh and then I hit the water. It flooded my ears and nose but when I stood up, I just couldn't stop laughing and either could she. We did a few laps in the pool and then I showered up and went to Joey's.

We spent the rest of the day packing, going to certain stores, attending church and then having a nice dinner at Emil's. After laughing at our inside jokes, we stopped by my cousin's house to chat. Joey dropped my off at my mom's around 10:30ish and I was tired. Oh, yeah. After being in the pool with my step-mom, it made me want to visit the old apartment complex we used to live in. Said complex is next to Dusty's Cellars in Okemos. We drove around and found the pool. Same pool. Same pool rules sign. I sighed, remembering how I used to ride my big wheel all around the complex and to Dusty's Cellars because that was where my dad bought his deli meat. Still buys his deli meat there. It is an awesome place. Check it out sometime (I wonder if they would pay me for the plug).

Sunday: Taught large group for the threes and Pre-ks at both services. Also had a nice chat with a friend inbetween services. Off to Joey's afterward to pack, just beat the storm home from Meijer and then were rescued by Mike and Eric. They helped Joey move the big-A fish tank to his dad's. Went to the Lily Pad for the best chocolate chip cookies EVER (well, there is one batch that comes close...a co-worker of mine) and then back to Joey's to pack. Now, it is time for our Sunday evening walk through downtown Mason. Those walks are going to end soon. I think I'm sad about it.

No comments: