After lifting weights at Bally's last night, I wanted a treat (see...need reward for self). Perfect treat = Border's Hot Decaf Skinny Chai...and right around the corner. I went in with money still on my gift card feeling oh so happy. As I approached the cafe, I noticed two things: the Border's chai in cartons was no longer being sold on the shelves and the cafe had been remodeled. This couldn't be good.
I took a deep breath and sounded like Ralphy from the Christmas Story when I said, "CanIhaveahotdecafskinnychaitogoplease?" The lady smiled and said, "we only carry Tazo Chai now. Is that okay?"
No. It wasn't okay. I forced a smile and asked for a decaf Tazo Chai. She smiled again and said, "we don't carry that." Grrrr.....
"I really liked the Border's stuff," I explained, though, how was that going to solve anything?
"I know. It was a real loss," the lady empathized.
I left, feeling like my best friend had moved to Florida again. No...that wasn't it because the Border's Chai is gone....gone I tell you....just gone....
Of course, this moves The Coffee Beanery up into first place on my list. Anyone interested in opening one of those in Lansing?
3 comments:
Sorry 'bout your fav Chai... I would jump at your idea of opening that coffee shop but I fear that the market has voted and that is why the small guys keep shutting down and or ditching the stuff that made them different.
We'll all pitch in and you can run it...if it will get you to move to Lansing :o)
I'm sure Di would work for ya!
Post a Comment