All of us have a life message. It’s the story we tell others when they ask you how you got to where you are. As followers of Christ, we have our testimony, our Jesus story. It explains how we got to be where we are today. Hopefully, it is the same story. I was reading in the Purpose Driven Life about our Life Message. Now that we have a story, it is our job to share it. God does not call people up on the phone or e-mail them or meet them at Emil’s for spaghetti (that would be so cool). He uses us to communicate to the rest of the world. More from PDL:
Jesus told us “you will be my witnesses,” not “you will be my attorney.” He wants you to share your story with others. Sharing your testimony is an essential part of your mission on earth because it is unique. You may not be a Bible scholar, but you are the authority on your life, and it’s hard to argue with personal experience….shared stories build a relational bridge that Jesus can walk across from your heart to theirs.”
I started writing my testimony on this here blog awhile ago but it became too painful, a little tricky. Talking to my friend Suzanne once, I told her my story was simple but really, it isn’t because what I thought was luck, was really God reaching out to me. When I was writing it, I got to some parts that still stung a little so I quit. Hopefully, I’ll get back up on that horse, again. Sometimes, though, I feel like I’m still “writing” my story as each day goes by.
We were interviewed to go on our mission trip to Germany. We had to be interviewed in order for the church to know we understood. I remember sitting across from Meg, sweating it out over cherry blintzes at the Flap Jack. Maybe my story wasn’t good enough. Maybe my life lessons are childish. Maybe I don’t get it. Maybe I won’t know what to say to people. Wow. Even when I look back from here to there, I see how much God has grown me up.
This is why I share so many of my everyday lessons. It isn’t just for the people who read this blog but it is a way for me to journal and go back to see where I’ve been.
No comments:
Post a Comment