A story from JM. This is going from my notes, so they aren't direct quotes.
I was in a department store and got to talking to this woman about her job. I asked her if she was paid on commission. She said no but they were required to sell a certain amount or they would lose their jobs. I asked her how it was going. She said, not well. After talking with her a few more minutes, I discovered she was a Christian. I asked her, “Did you pray for favor from God to get more customers?” The woman became quite and said, “you mean…I can do that?” “Sure! Why not?” I responded. “Well, isn’t that kind of like asking for money?” the woman said. “Well, do you need money?” I asked her. See, that is the problem with a lot of us. We don’t ask God for what we need. He does know our hearts but He wants us to ask.
I was curling my hair one morning and this little piece of hair just wouldn’t curl. I turned the iron up and it still wouldn’t curl. I sprayed my hair but no curl. I was frustrated and suddenly got this feeling. “No,” I thought, “I can’t pray about THIS. Do I really need divine intervention for my hair?!” I humbled myself and asked the Lord for help. Taking a deep breath, I tried to curl the piece of hair. It curled. The prayer worked. Now, let me ask you something. If God, the creator of the universe, has counted every piece of hair on your head and collected every tear you have ever cried in a bottle, why would He NOT care about every single thing in your life. Stop being religious with God. Start being relational with God.
No comments:
Post a Comment