After work...yay. Traffic back to Lansing....boo. New Coffee Beanery next to exit....hmmm....
I had been wanting to check out this new Coffee Beanery for a few months now. Today was the day. I pulled up to the curb and noticed the free Wi-fi. Super. This Coffee Beanery is also a Cinnabon. Bonus. I walked up to the counter and the following took place.
Friendly Coffee Beanery Employee: May I help you?
Holly: Yes. I would like a Skinny Chai.
FCBE: Hot or cold?
H: Hot
FCBE: Size?
H: Tall.
FCBE: Spiced, Vanilla or Decaf Vanilla?
H: You're kidding me. You guys have Decaf Vanilla now?
FCBE: Yes. (Pause) Are you crying?
H: (Sniffle) Um...no. I'll have the Decaf Vanilla.
FCBE: Coming right up.
H: Oh, and can I have two scoops of Chai instead of four?
FCBE: You got it.
H: Wow! You have frequent shopper punch cards?!
FCBE: Yup. (Pause) Are you crying?
H: It's been a good day.
So, I got to drive to Lansing with my tall, skinny, vanilla, decaf, hot chai. Oh...glory. It made me think about how Yi was going to rank chai but I can't remember if she did. I shall rank my favorites now.
1.) The Coffee Beanery--Now that they have Vanilla Decaf and a store right next to my office, they have pulled ahead. The Chai is like a Christmasy treat, especially when the milk is frothy. Mmmmmmm......
2.) Borders--A close second for all the reasons above, except they aren't next to my office...but they are next to Bally's.
3.) Starbucks--Eh. I could take it or leave it. I little on the spicy side. I wouldn't wait in line for a Starbucks Chai.
4.) Beaners--Yucks. I thought I liked their blend but one day I was drinking it and I suddenly thought, "wait, I hate this." It takes like black pepper. Where is the gingerbread taste? Where is the frothy milk and vanilla yumminess?
There you have it. A chai update. Perhaps I will gain all that wait back before the summer is over.
Wish me luck tomorrow on my 5k. It starts out at Mason High School. I'm not nervous at all. I'll do what I can. I'm more nervous about Max's Race for some reason. And thanks to JAC for making his homemade spaghetti sauce for me and my family tonight. It was so darn good and I liked the addition of the meatballs. Way to carb me up before the big run. Suz, Melissa, Christine and Yi....you are all invited over the night before Max's for some more spaghetti. Joey already said he would be happy to make it for our "team."
Peace out.
1 comment:
Good Luck! Let me know how you did :)
I am still composing my Chai post, there are just too many places I want to try out. My favorite so far is at Expresso Royale on Grand River by the MSU Federal Credit Union; my least favorite is definately the Panera Bread Chai, too spicy...
Post a Comment