Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Left Behind Series

So, I just finished the last book of the entire Left Behind series. What can I say about it? I know many of my friends who dog the series and yes, I can see why. It was really cheesy and seemed to be written at a third grade level at times. I almost stopped reading it after the second book but the authors had a way of making me want to follow them through to the end. My curiosity won out. I started reading the series when a co-worker bought me the first book. It took me a few months to pick it up and then took me a few months to finish it but after that, I was hooked. I started in August and ended two days ago. These books taught me so much about end times…random facts. They also tried to explain the judgments and offer varying interpretations. This series also got me through some tough times over these past months. They became like a reliable friend I could turn to at the end of the day when everything else felt like it was going down the pooper. So who is really to say this series sucks? Anyone. Freedom of opinion. I do believe we need to be careful because these books have brought many people to Christ. There is a lot of “Christiany Cheese” out there but if it brings someone to the Lord, who am I to judge...ever? (please don’t ever ask me to listen to a recording of a choir, though…gives me the willies….I like choirs in person but no way on a recording...not sure what it is...).

No comments: