Wednesday, April 12, 2006


Power of One
So I realized when I looked at this picture that I'm doing God's work but don't even realize it most of the time. Noel talked about the domino effect of bringing people to Christianity. He had the first members of Riverview stand up and then the people who joined Riv 5 years ago. I looked around and saw part of a plan. The Hills and the Corrs were both standing. The Hills invited the Corrs to attend Riverview. The Corrs invited their son to Riverview. Their son invited me to Riverview (among others). I invited this girl to Riverview. She is my "step" sister. We grew up in the same house in the same church but I moved to Holt when I was 13. She went on to become a believer, I struggled to understand. Two months ago, we were talking on the phone and she answered my question: how do you get to heaven? She knew the answer and I was floored. "Why didn't you tell me?!" I said. Two weeks later, she and her husband started coming to Riv and my sis found her way back to Christ. But she isn't the only one I invited that day to One. My friend and her family also came. And I know it isn't just me. All around me were people who invited other people who have come to Christ. The ha ha part is how God doesn't always reveal these things to me right away (or at all). I pray the people we invite stay with Christ. They don't have to stay with Riverview, but Christ--yes.

Side story: when we were introducing ourselves to the people around us, Fawn and I discovered the woman in front of us was named Peggy. I was about to say, "hey, that's her (pointing to Fawn) mom's name" when the lady next to Peggy said, "hi, my name is Carrie." Snap. My mama's name is Carrie. This new Peggy and Carrie are sisters. Fawn and I are "sisters." We laughed at the "coincidence." God makes me smile.

1 comment:

Yi said...

Awesome story... I am always so encouraged by your stories, and you never seem to run out of them :)

Do you remember the quote that Noel used by Neil something about the domino effect of bringing people to Christ?