Sunday, April 09, 2006

ONE

I was blown away by the One service today at the Wharton Center. Truly, God is amazing. While I was sitting at the service, surrounded by my closest friends, sister and the guy who brought me to Riverview, I thought about that first time I went. The Rut series on February 16, 2003 at the second service time (can't remember--there were only two times then). Steve Sommerlot taught. Paul sang. I was hung over. I didn't like the experience one bit. At least, I didn't think I did. I came back two or three weeks later and realized Riverview was my home. I never had a church home before and my seeking heart rested with relief. God pursued me. He found me. I turned toward Him. Here I am.

Yes, Riverview is big. Still, I try to make efforts to cut down on feeling the size. Trying to meet someone new every week helps. Serving in the kids ministry really helped. I have a good relationship with all the pastors and have tried to get to know them along with their families...these things help me stay connected. I know I have to make the commitment back to Riverview otherwise, as much as Riverview would not want to lose me (I'd like to think), I could easily slip through the cracks.

I don't want others to get lost at Riverview. If they get lost then they might not come back. If that happens....I just want to make that effort not to let it happen. I know Jesus would leave 99 to come find us if we lost our way but Riverview cannot be a place people get lost. They must be found, the way I was, the way so many people are.

One, though we're not the same...One and no, I don't know everyone but I might try to...One and I don't have to like everyone but if they hurt, I hurt. One because on our own, we are like dysfunctional family members but when we come together we are an efficient, well designed family...as One. I never thought I would feel this way about a church or about God. Never ever.

I'll post some pictures soon.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yeah, Sean's on my site! That is so hot. Welcome! And thanks for the link under "sisters." You're in...(sigh, another blog brings two people together...)