Sunday, March 19, 2006

Updates and stuff

A lot has been happening but I haven't really been connected to the net to update. Here are some highlights of being me the past few weeks:

  • I was transferred to a new department at Val. I went from making coupons specific to the individual and mailing them directly to the person home (Direct Mail) to printing the FSI, your friendly coupon book in the Sunday paper. Did I want to transfer? No. Did I have a choice? Not really. But my first day in the new department, I sat down to train with a woman named Alta. Twenty minutes later, she was telling me her faith story with tears in her eyes. I think God wanted me to spread my wings a little bit more and I trusted Him enough to follow His lead.
  • Went to the individual state tournament at The Palace. Friday night, I showed up with a ticket from the assistant wrestling coach. The lady scanned my ticket and said, "sorry, this was for this morning's session. Got another ticket?" I sighed. See, Joey had given the ticket to a wrestler because Joey had to coach. Joey told me to call his cell phone when I arrived. He gave his cell phone to another wrestler and told the wrestler to wait for me. I arrived. I called. The wrestler met me at the front doors with the ticket and with Joey's cell phone. So, the ticket taker says, "Can you call someone to get you another ticket?" Um, no. I sighed and asked where I could go to buy another $10 ticket (which I knew was on the other side of the Palace." As I was standing there, my old roommate from college popped out of the side door. I knew he worked at the club but I was standing just inside of the Palace Grill. "Dan!" I said with surprise and relief. I told him the situation and he said he would walk me to the other side of the building. As soon as we got outside, Dan grabbed my arm, punched in a code and snuck me in the back. Was this stealing? Hmmm....no. Joey had just given me the wrong ticket which I could have gone to get for whoever wanted it. Was it a coincidence that Dan would come out of the side door at the moment I couldn't get in? You know how I feel about coincidences.
  • Jenny asked me to be bridesmaid. I started to cry. I've known her less than a year but we are so close. God is awesome.
  • My step-sister and her husband have now come to Riv three weeks in a row. God is awesome.

That's all I have for now. Watch this space...

3 comments:

VRA said...

Yay...Fawn! I'd go to Riv if it weren't for a 1200 mile drive, one way. Besides, wasn't the Riv a bar in EL? :-)

The Professor said...

HAHA! Ya the RIV! At least Holly has stopped calling Riverview...Riverdance :op

VRA said...

Riverdance...ha! Nice!