Yeah, yeah...I always talk about how cool my church is but really...it is. But it seems like every third or fourth series becomes what I like to call...in my oh-so-"Christian-like"-way...a spiritual ass-whopping. Yes, this series on Resolutions has been challenging me in positive ways. The biggest lesson is not doing things for me, others or even God but because of God. I'm wondering how I can incorporate that into my daily decisions. "Can I somehow buy this dress because of God?" Just like me to take this to extremes. Makes it more interesting.
JAC and I went to Riv on Saturday night. As I sat there drinking my Coke, watching clips from Office Space and relaxing in my jeans, I felt so safe and happy. After the service was over, JAC and I sat for a few minutes in our seats. When I looked around, I realized everyone was still sitting. People weren't leaving. They were talking, laughing and making plans. I love God!
Oh, and thanks, Noel for once again incorporating something I've told you into a message. I love it when God uses me like that :o)
Oh! And for those who don't go to Riv, on April 9th, there will be one service at the Wharton Center, 10 am. Pass it on...
No comments:
Post a Comment