Monday, January 16, 2006

Twice now I've had to take JAC into Sparrow for some type of procedure where they knock him out. The first time was in July 2003 when he had sinus surgry. They really put him under that time and he had difficulty coming out of it. There was a mentally impaired man in the recovery room who was really loud. JAC was sleeping it off but suddenly, he sat up and yelled, "shut the f--k up!" Then he threw up. This time wasn't as bad. They called his dad and I back to the recovery room and JAC opened his eyes a bit. He mumbled something we couldn't understand so we gave him some water.
Denny: Now you've seen Joey at his worst and his finest.
Me: What is his finest?
JAC (mumbling): Baby, you're my finest (pause)...when did you get here?
Me: I brought you here. Want another drink?
JAC: I haven't had anything to drink.
Me: ok

Today has consisted of JAC sleeping and asking the same questions over and over (a side-effect of the meds). It's kind of funny because he was acting drunk. I made him toast when we got back to his house. JAC said, "Hol, look at this!" I turned to see Chessie licking butter out of a bowl. "Joey! That's not funny!" It was funny because he couldn't discern right from wrong. Can't wait for the Tommy John's surgery. I'll invite y'all over to mess with his mind.

No comments: