Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 In Review

This year started with me being so sure of myself. I had everything all figured out. God had some other plans, too. My little 2005 recap:

  • There wasn't a big party for my birthday, just my closest friends and family. I was fine with it, too. I actually received a huge present from God: an invitation to go on a mission trip for Him. I accepted.
  • I couldn't decide where I needed to be: Lansing, Mason, Detroit? I kept trying to figure out my feelings and the right thing to do. More confusion.
  • I became closer to my pastor, his wife and some other people at Riv...because of this blog.
  • I was baptized by Steve and Noel and most of my family and friends came. It was probably the best feeling I had this year.
  • Do I even need to talk about the worst feeling from this year (see posts between October and November)?
  • I went to Germany. The girl that would never fly over the ocean took a huge leap of faith and let the Lord lead her. But was God leading her to the mission work....or back to something she thought was over. Still not sure about that one :o)
  • I met some of the most amazing people this year and have become better friends with them. This was another outcome of the mission trip...to finally have a closeness with other Rivites.
  • I continued to work with Riv Kids and God kept leading me to serve and help. I thought about leaving my church, the first church I've ever really had, but I the church wouldn't let me. Either would Suz :o)
  • I took another leap of faith and listened to my heart on something that could really blow up in my face. We'll see....

So...2006 hasn't started off too great but I hope the fog is gone now. I pray hearts can heal and God will continue to bless all of us. This is a big year for me, I know. Yes, I turn 30. I'm actually excited about it. I was thinking about how much better I like myself at this age than I did when I was 20...or 22...or 25. You truly do get better with age if you allow God to give you wisdom. Bring it on, 2006. I'm ready.

No comments: