Since I was young, really young, I've had recurring dreams about tornados. The protagonist is the same and the conflict is the same...the scenario changes. I figured this out after documenting the dreams in college. When things were getting really stressful in my life, I would dream about the tornados. The conflict is I can never find a place to hide. I'll dig a ditch that isn't deep enough, I'll go into a basement full of windows, I'll be driving in a car knowing the storm is closing in on me.... I always make it out a life but the terror of it stays with me through the day.
I have a new recurring dream, though the tornado one is still present (I had one last week). In the new dreams, I climb up onto something which doesn't seem so high at first but when I go to get back down, I'm paralyzed with fear. I can't move. I'm helpless. I'm going to fall. These dreams are worse than the tornado ones. I'm acting in the tornado dreams. I'm running, seeking shelter, scared but not paralyzed. The other...well...can't do anything at all.
Any thoughts on this? Have any recurring dreams yourself?
3 comments:
When I'm insecure about my weight/looks, I dream about a close friend or family member giving me a significant item of clothing (i.e. wedding dress, grandmother's dress, vintage outfit worn by a celebrity, etc.) to wear for an occasion that is about to commence.
This item is always WAY too small (last time it was a size seven wedding dress)and it's very important to the person that I wear it, so I act as though it's possible ands wonder to myself how I'll lose enough weight in time.
Then I wake up.
I only dream about stuff that is out of my control...like nuclear fall outs, and exploding buidlings....maybe I watch to many action movies ;o)
Hi, Meg :o)
Post a Comment