Saturday, December 31, 2005

Me: My life sucks.
Step-dad: Why?
Me: You know...this and that (though I was more specific).
Step: Is that your whole life?
Me: Well...no...but my job sucks, too. I just found out I'm going to be 4,000 pieces short on a job and I know they'll somehow blame it on me.
Step: So what's the worst that could happen?
Me: I get fired!
Step: So....you get fired from a job you don't really like...is that the worst thing?
Me: I wouldn't be able to afford anything.
Step: So....you have to move back home for a little while and find a new job....is that the worst thing?
Me: I guess not.
Step: You know what I think the worst thing would be?
Me: What?
Step: Falling out of favor with God.
Me: (speechless)
Step: I think we just need to do the best we can and rely on him. But I can't wait for the day when I get to heaven and God says, "you did a good job. Come be my friend." How could you ever live here without Him? That, to me, would be the worst thing that could happen.
Me: Wow. Thank you. I needed to hear that.

1 comment:

Dan Price said...

that's really cool