Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Me: (Approaching Jane Marie, our elderly receptionist, as she sits behind the front desk.)
JM: What are you doing?
Me: Hugging you.
JM: Why?
Me: Because I need to. (Lean down and hug her, she hugs me back. I start to walk away.)
JM: Wow.
Me: What?
JM: I didn't know it but I needed that.
Me: See. Win-win situation.
JM: Thank you.
Me: No, thank you.

I walked away thinking about our human need for touch. Sometimes, I'm really touchy feely and other times I'm somewhat distant. It also depends on the person in question. I wonder why that is. I also thought about God and how He can't really hug us...He must want to. He's our heavenly father. He gives us each other to take care it for Him until the day when He will hold us. He keeps track of our tears and holds us close, even when we don't feel it. So I guess my point is to try not to question a hug because maybe the person giving it just needed one...or maybe God thought you did, too.

No comments: