Bad idea: Watching The Shining before going to sleep.
Another bad idea: Watching The Birds before going to sleep.
I don't care for grotesqe scary movies but I'm a suspense junky. I saw Flightplan on Friday night and it was very Hitchcockian. The camera angles, buying into the characters, the Macguffin...I dig it. M. Night's movies carry these elements as well. I've read that he draws out every single scene on a storyboard before the movie is shot...just like Hitch used to do. M. Night also puts himself in the movie...just like Hitch used to do.
How lucky for me that TMC has been showing Hitchcock films this past week. Yesterday, I watched North By Northwest (my favorite), Rear Window (a close second) and The Birds. They are a little groovy and the special effects...well, I still think they rock. Alfred was on the cutting edge of special effects in his day.
Oh! When I was watching Flightplan I noticed right away Jodi Foster's character was in Germany! I heard that familiar voice come over the intercom of the train station and then I saw a sign that looked like Aaljfowehihplatz. Oh...Germany....how you keep popping up in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment