My brain said, "eat the frozen ravioli meal in the freezer."
My stomach said, "buy mashed potatoes and soup from downstairs."
My stomach won.
So I went downstairs and ordered my cup of soup, paying in quarters, of course. Then I asked for the mashed potatoes.
"We aren't selling those separately, yet."
"Okay...when will you be?"
"In about 10 minutes."
"Okay...I guess I'll come back then."
Jane Marie pulled up on her motorized cart and ordered the full meal. I wandered over to the vending machines.
"Jane, should I buy yogurt or fruit?"
"Yogurt."
"Why?"
"Well....the yogurt has fruit in it, right?"
"Hmmm....makes sense to me."
So I purchased the yogurt, with quarters, of course.
Then I turned toward the cafeteria and saw the press operators sitting there, watching The Three Stooges. Oh...what good times.
As I turned to leave, the food guy said, "Miss, I can sell you the mashed potatoes now."
"Excellent," I said as I handed him four quarters.
Now I sit here, listening to "Blame It On The Rain" by Milli Vanilli and boring you to death with my lunch story. Oh...what good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment