We are going over the Parables at church. I’m glad I’m a Christian but man…I still feel like a failure most of the time. I guess it’s a good thing when Christ points things out to me that I might be doing wrong. Really, I know I’m not a failure but I feel like I do a ton of sh*t wrong. Yeah, I felt like a swear. Anyhow, I really meant to blog more about the Parables but its hard to blog about anything when the stuff that’s on my mind can’t be written about. I guess I’ll ask for prayers for my family…if you could.
I remember the Shattered series when Noel talked about the pieces of the mirror. I know I'm picking up a shard of glass and thinking, "I can't be used." How silly is that? I see God using me in so many ways. I need to get away from the crappy self pity. I guess that's what happens when things continue to fall down around you even when you give it your best...and then when that doesn't work, you start to give nothing at all.
PS: I feel so damn lucky I live in the Midwest. The only thing my home doesn’t protect me from is fire. Other than that, I’m safe in my little bubble. I wish I had the ambition to go down south and actually help them with my own hands. Instead, I put them together and talk to God. I just can’t imagine… Why do I feel so spoiled? I feel like a little brat who’s got everything she could possibly need or want…yet she wants more. I need to change my attitude like right now.
2 comments:
"Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone..." Proverbs 23:4, 5
You are posting to yourself? How funny :o) But a great post!
I think that we put too much emphasis on ourselves and not enough on God. What I mean is, no matter how we live...strive to be good...we will always fall short...that is what sin has done. We are saved by grace alone, not works, not how "good" we are, not how "good" we try to be. Works do not save us, true faith in Christ who died for us and experiencing that change saves us. We don't deserve it, but I am gald we don't get what we deserve. As Christians, we are children of God through Christ who died for our sins...all of them...no matter what they were.
Post a Comment