I met this girl and she told me her Jesus story. Someone had accused her of not being a Christian. Her response was "bite me." I knew then this girl and I would be friends :o) The question, though, stuck with me along with one I was asked a couple of weeks ago: how does Christ work in your life? Then, Saturday night, I'm riding along with the person who raised me and I blurted out, "Do you think everyone goes to heaven, even if they don't believe in Christ? Do you think all religions are equally right and worship the same God?" I won't tell you the answers I got but let's just say...it made me sad.
So....yeah...I've got a question for you. We toss around this Christian word but what does it mean to be a Christian...to you and to others?
Anyone?
Bueller?
2 comments:
Simply put "no one comes to the father, except through me." ~Jesus
Being a Christian means that you not only know Christ has died for your sins, but you believe with all your heart that it is true. You believe he has rescued you from the seperation and hell you deserve...and that he alone is your Savior. It isn't good works, or being nice, or wearing the right color WWJD bracelet, or making sure the building where you attend "church" has the correct banners up for that particular service and the candels match accordingly...it is that if someone asked you point blank...do you believe Jesus died for your sins and has saved you from death...you can answer yes...even if they have a gun pointed at your head and they will pull the trigger for saying so. You know that you are saved.
You have been blogging for a year now. Well, a year and 3 days. So happy anniversary :)
Post a Comment