Facebook killed my blog. I rarely post anything here anymore but still have a desire to write. You'll see some random thoughts and experiences here as well as the life lessons God uses to grow me up.
Monday, July 18, 2005
Me: Look at this picture. There is a ghost in it. Step-dad: A ghost? Me: Yes, an aberration. Nephew: You mean an apparition. Me (confused): uh...do I? Yes, yes that's what I meant. Thank you 13-year-old nephew. Nephew: Anytime.
I just knew one of my smart ass friends would go look this up because when I looked up the two words (being the smart ass that I am) I saw the definition and thought maybe I could have gotten by with saying, "well...what I meant was..." The problem is that I said, "see the ghost in this picture." I didn't say, "see the failure of the lens to produce exact point-to-point correspondence between the object and the image" or whatever. He called me out. I gots to live with it. Thanks, though, Sonny.
1 comment:
I just knew one of my smart ass friends would go look this up because when I looked up the two words (being the smart ass that I am) I saw the definition and thought maybe I could have gotten by with saying, "well...what I meant was..." The problem is that I said, "see the ghost in this picture." I didn't say, "see the failure of the lens to produce exact point-to-point correspondence between the object and the image" or whatever. He called me out. I gots to live with it. Thanks, though, Sonny.
Post a Comment