Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Blues

When I look back at last week, I feel darkness. I was mildly depressed. There wasn't a lot of will to do anything except eat and sleep. Oh, and feel sad. But this week is different. I'm smiley and feel good. I bounced back. I have people around me who instantly recognized I wasn't myself. They were in tune with it and questioned my well-being. It wasn't because of them that I bounced back so well, though. For one, it is because I'm pretty well balanced. Chemically, I mean. Everyone goes through this occasionally. It passes on through after a day or so. Secondly, I have a strength inside me that won't let me go to far down that road. He just won't IF I don't shut Him out. So I hung on. And though there are areas of my life I'm completely a wreck about, overall I'm happy.

Some people aren't so lucky. I don't always understand but I know some people don't bounce back after a few days of feeling blue. They spiral down further and further until there is so much darkness around them, they can't even see who they really are anymore. There is an imbalance. There is a focus on things that aren't real. Paranoia. Fear. Hopelessness. Panic. Loneliness. We need to pay attention to those close to us. We need to recognize when these feelings don't go away after a few days because those days easily turn into years...and then it is almost too hard to come back.

Thanks to those who cheered me up last week, for those that simply said, "hey I'm here if you need me." I was carrying a lot of weight and just hearing that made the pressure less.

2 comments:

The Professor said...

Sorry I wasn't one of those people...I am not a very good friend right now...

Holly said...

You are the closest friend I have. (Sap...)