Tuesday, April 19, 2005

OK

It has been 10 years since the Oklahoma City bombing. It still makes me want to cry. I was a freshman in college, came home from my morning class, flipped on the TV for a little Happy Days before my next class and saw the carnage. I felt sick inside and could not take my eyes away from the images. The darkest hour was when I realized how many children died. My nephew was just a little guy at the time and all I could think about was him. I went home that weekend just to give him a hug. I wanted to apologize to him for this crazy world. Of course, he was so young, he didn’t know how crazy it gets. When the news of the OK bombing finally died down, I remember feeling relieved as lives slowly returned to normal. “Wow,” I remember thinking, “this is the worst disaster I’ve ever known…an American bombing a building…how horrible…”

Prayers to those who lived through it. Their healing continues.

No comments: