Wednesday, April 06, 2005

New Mom

I came into work this morning, and there was a fishbowl with a little goldfish inside, sitting on my desk! I gasped, feeling slightly nervous but overall excited. Everyone got them for our new initiative: Fish Philosophy. The Fish Philosophy is "Have Fun! Choose Your Attitude! Make Someone's Day! Be There!" What a great idea...except I'm a worried new mom. My fish wasn't moving much and then he started getting really hyper, freaking out. I think he's having a hard time pooing. Also, I'm constantly wondering if he's bored, sick, upset, constipated, hungry...and I've only had him for half an hour. Amy brought her fish over to play but they do not seem interested in each other. Oh well.

Now I have to come up with a name. I'm trying to decide between Manuel, Maverick, Moses, or Memphis. I guess I'm leaning toward a "M" name. Any thoughts?

3 comments:

The Professor said...

Memphis is a great name. I also have some thought on how to make sure he isn't so bored...being that I am Noah and all :op

Noel Heikkinen said...

I had a beta fish once. I kept his bowl on top of my CD player. The weird thing was everytime I played a CD, he swam in clockwise circles in his bowl.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...well, to go with your "Phish Philosophy", offer a tribute to the '80's, and stick with the "M"'s, why don't you call him MacGyver?

'Course, if you leave some tape, a couple of paperclips, and some coupons on your desk with him, don't be surprised if he escapes some night...

BTW, my Beta's "Yorick", as in "Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well" from Hamlet. It's a fitting name since I have an absolutely atrocious track record of keeping things alive (ask me about Yorick and the freezer sometime).