Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Updates

Work is keeping me busy. Church is keeping me busy. Here are some updates, though.

Baptism
When: April 17th
Where: Riverview Church in Holt, MI
Time: Not sure, yet. I think it will take place after the 11:45ish service but I don't have the official timing.
Guests: If you want to come watch my two pastors hold me under water and laugh, excellent! Just let me know.
Gifts: Sure, if you want. Just kidding. I'm doing this as an outward sign of an inward decision I made two years ago. This is one of the greatest gifts I could ever receive. If you decide to attend, that would rock more than a gift. Besides, I don't need anything...yet (see below)...

Mission Trip to Koln, Germany
When: June 25-July 3 (no, I'm not moving to Germany)
Why: Hmmm...I believe it is to see how many people I can trick into going to church. Oops, no, that isn't it. I am going to Germany to build relationships with people which may plant a seed which may lead them to Christ. I will not be handing out Jesus pamphlets. I will not be digging wells. I might be feeding the hungry but not with just 5 loaves of bread. The purpose is to meet people and perhaps share our stories with them.
Money: I'll be asking for some...not much...so you might be getting a letter from the Great Commission Ministries church (and me). It is tax deductible and a great cause (Go ahead, make God smile).

I'm really excited. Yay!

2 comments:

The Professor said...

Don't forget to send me a letter for the missions trip!

Holly said...

Silly, Mr. Corr...you're going, too....