I know I shouldn't hate things. Sometimes, "things" get us all really down. It isn't just cancer. Its a lot of "things" in this world. The cold that is kicking my butt, for example. That is really getting me down. All of my colds start with a sinus infection. The one I got the week of Christmas started with a sore throat. I never get a sore throat. This one started with a cough. I never get a cough. I like variety but come on. I need to do something about my immune system. But back to God...
God doesn't like it when we are hurt or suffering or sad. And it seems kind of strange that we are put in bodies that will somehow fail us...whether its cancer, sickness, old age, an accident...we are frail in these human clothes. But I guess that is why God makes our souls strong because when he takes us out of this skin, we get a new one (so I'm told).
I remember a line from a Will Smith song. "Hate in your heart will consume you, too." It was good advice he was giving his son. It is good advice for everything in life. I try not to hate cancer or anything else. Hate is its own cancer. I guess the only options are to pray it out of people or pray for their soul to be safely taken home. Either way, God's will be done.
I have a fever of 102. Could you tell?
2 comments:
I think it's actually good to hate things that should be hated. The bible talks in many places about hating things, mostly sin. In Ecclesiasties, Solomon even says "there is a time for love and a time to hate." I just think it's people that we don't want to hate. I hope you would question my character if I didn't hate sins like Child Abuse, Rape, Stealing etc... Just thinking out loud here.
Dan, I'm just thinking out loud here, too...but yeah...I tend to agree with you. Thank you for pointing out that verse.
Post a Comment