I was driving into work this morning, grooving along to "Who's Johnny" by El Debarge, when I noticed a mini van with a picture taped to the back window. The picture was of a young woman and underneath--the explanation: my daughter was killed by a drunk driver.
I felt a small pain of sadness but it quickly faded as "When I Look Into Your Eyes" by Lifehouse blasted from my speakers. We learned about death last Sunday, that it isn't the end, only the beginning. After hearing the teaching, I turned to Joey and said, "I'm still scared to die. This didn't help." But like so many other things I learn, it is only until later do I get it.
I feel sad for the young woman's family but I do not feel sad for her. For all I know, she is in paradise. Down here...we are in the trenches. I kind of feel sad for us, not those who get to be with God and I will never understand the immensity until I go. The part that sucks is that so many suffer before they die. Then again, so many suffer their whole lives. NO MORE SUFFERING AFTER WE DIE!!! Whoo-hoo! AND we get to hang out with God and JC. I wonder if They listen to 1980s music...
Let us acknowledge the Lord...
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;
he will come to us
like the winter rains,
like the spring rains
that water the earth.
Hosea 6:3
2 comments:
I can personally attest to the fact that God is a HUGE Duran Duran fan.
-Chuck
I think he likes U2 also.
Post a Comment