Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Officially 29

I made it through my birthday and it was one of the best because it was so simple. Here are the highlights:
  • Dinner with friends and family at Emil's on Saturday. Even though we didn't go roller skating, it was still fun. Joey and I saw a movie instead (Hotel Rwanda).
  • I got the Karate Kid DVD set.
  • My dad's best friend got me a necklace with a cross.
  • Krissie gave me a Ray Charles CD and my favorite lotion.
  • Came to work yesterday and my co-workers had decorated my cube in Mexico's national colors. They had signs that said "Pedro wishes Holly Feliz Cumpleanos! Vote for Pedro!" Then they also got a pinata and hung it up. My old team helped decorate, too.
  • I was welcomed by a slew of e-mails from current friends and people I haven't spoken to in awhile, all wishing me a happy birthday. Very nice.
  • Kim's dad, Howard, sent me pictures of his favorite flower--his way of sending me flowers on my birthday.
  • Oh, and I did get flowers sent to me on my birthday. Very nice, indeed.
  • My Saturn Dealer called to wish me a happy birthday.
  • My co-workers scheduled a birthday lunch for me at a new restaurant. People just kept showing up so the staff had to add extra tables. About 20 people in all. I was amazed. Never before, in the history of...me...had so many people shown up. Dana and I decided it was because people needed to get out of the office. The food wasn't that great (I ate cheese) but they brought out a little cake as we were putting on our coats. Everyone grabbed a clean utensil and passed the cake around for one bite. "How does the flu get spread around?"
  • My friend and co-worker Adrienne made me a special cake and I invited everyone to a piece. Very yummy.
  • After work, I met up with Becky and my roommate at the Olive Garden for wine, salad and breadsticks with Alfredo sauce. We had a great time laughing and sharing.

As I drove home from Olive Garden, I counted myself lucky and blessed. 29 is alright so far.

No comments: