Blow drying my hair this morning, the old mind wandered back to college days. Senior year, I started dating a guy who had several friends that were really pretty girls. Two of these girls drove me nuts. They seemed flawless: the hair, the clothes, the humor...I was a little (lot) insecure. What made it worse was that Angie and Shelley didn't always seem so friendly. In fact, I always felt like they were judging me. So I wanted to change.
I went to my mom with a picture in hand. "Mom, I want this haircut." "Why this haircut?" "Because....there are these girls that hang around with Bush and I just need to look extra...I don't know...good (meaning hip or cool)." Now, my mom could have argued with me about feeling like I wasn't good enough blah, blah, blah but she just gave me the haircut. I was satisfied. I felt cool. No, it didn't fix the relationship between Angie, Shelley and myself.
Yes, I was thinking about all of this while blowing drying my hair this morning. Then, I smiled.
*I was a bridesmaid in Angie's wedding.
*Shelley just sent me an early birthday gift--clothes from my favorite store.
These two people have been my close friends for over 5 years now. Funny....weird funny....
1 comment:
wow. that's kinda exactly how i feel too, every morning when blow drying my hair(s).
steve
Post a Comment