Monday, January 31, 2005

Movies

I know no one is going to admit to this but we are among friends here on this blog. Everyone knows each other, right? I've tried to introduce everyone to each other a little bit so we all feel comfortable. Now, I have a questions...between friends. Is there a movie that has made you cry but you've been too ashamed to admit it? Come on now...I won't tell...in fact, I'll tell you that every time I watch Prince of Egypt, I get a little teary.

Anyone else out there? Matt.....? Sonny.....?

Oh, Joey and I went and saw Finding Neverland yesterday afternoon. It was REALLY sad.

7 comments:

VRA said...

Ok, so this isn't a movie--but when I read it I cried and when I tried to tell Chris about it I cried even more and couldn't even finish telling him what the tribute said. It's not embarassing (other than me trying to tell Chris about it and not being able to finish my story--with him wondering what kind of breakdown I was going through!), but it's a page I spend nearly a half hour going through and reading, on a daily basis. Here's the link to the reflection: http://www.odmp.org/reflections.php?oid=14814

Here's the reflection that is touching:

I never knew you, but we buried my best friend next to you.
I visited your grave the other day. Not by choice, but by chance. I went to put flowers on his stone and I walked by yours. There were leaves on it and I brushed them off. I sat for a while and looked at your grave and remembered the story of your death.
I was younger then, and I remembered watching the news stories in awe, the huge funeral, the commentaries about driving and deers. I remember thinking that you were a huge celebrity. Bigger than Officer Friendly. :-)
But you weren't. You were a good cop. You were doing your job. You didn't ask to be a hero, or a martyr or a symbol. You just protected people for a living. I hope that in death, you do the same.
I feel safe burying my mom next to you.
Keep her safe.

Just a friend
Holt
2003-10-23

Here's the webpage: www.odmp.org

Anonymous said...

The most recent movie that made me cry was "Closer," because it was perhaps the worst movie I've ever seen, and because Mary and I wasted two free gift passes on it.

I would say that dust seems to always get in my eyes during the "I love you guys" scene in Hoosiers. Shocking, right? Oh, the final two scenes of The Elephant Man also suggest that the house needs some Pledge.

Noel Heikkinen said...

Gladiator.

I've seen it 4 times.

I've cried 4 times.

Anonymous said...

"The Passion".

Pretty emotionally intense movie. All the more so because it was true.

And because it was for us.

Chuck

Holly said...

Good, good, I'm glad we're all sharing. Doesn't it feel cathartic? Just let it all out...

I do have to admit a couple more:

*Field of Dreams when the Doctor steps over the line.
*Terms of Endearment when Shirley McLaine flips out about her daughters medicine.
*Rudy...I don't have to explain this one.

And the most embarressing...nuts...I can't come clean...

The Professor said...

I don't cry at movies :op I am a tough macho guy :o)The thing about Finding Neverland...well that was just the dust in my eye from the projector...allergies you know ;o)

Although The Passion really got me...I did cry for that one.

Anonymous said...

OK. this weekend i watched Loves Comes Softly with my wife and daughter. I cried.
love is cool.
Steve