I look at their faces and want to help. I hear them crying out for that help and I want to give it to them. I think about what I am able to really do and all I come up with is prayer and money. I feel weird about praying for some reason. I'm confused by this "act of God." My thinking is that God didn't do it...but he allowed it. Yes, yes, yes, I know he is all knowing so I understand that he has better judgement than I do. I guess I just feel weird praying when I don't know the whole plan. At least this time anyway.
I was at my niece's birthday party when I found out about it from Joey. My step-father said, "you know what your grandfather told me before he died, Holly?" "What?" "He said that every once in awhile, God 'cleans house' with a huge natural disastor. It's almost like he is trying to even the population out again." "Hmmm...." I said, "doesn't sound like the God I'm getting to know." "Well, think about it," Dean replied, "maybe God said, 'sure, this is going to be horrific, but I've got something better for you.'"
Crazy thing is that I didn't even know what a Tsunami was until Christmas night. I got my dad this cool weather alert radio which will go off if there is an emergency. I was looking at all the codes and said, "what is a Tsunami?" My 12-year-old nephew said, "a giant wave you never want to meet. They only happen near Asia." "Oh, cool," I joked, "Dad, this radio will alert you if there is ever a Tsunami." Ha ha. Little did I know, at nearly the same moment, on the otherside of the world, the birth pains were beginning for one of the greatest disastors of our time.
Don't sit there. Do something. Anything. Do it. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment