Thursday, December 16, 2004

Oh...the drama

My niece, who will be 8 on 12/26, forgot her earrings today. She asked her teacher, Mr. Smyth, if he would call her mother and ask to have them dropped off. Can you imagine??? Not only could I have not asked my teacher to do something like that...a male teacher??? Ha! Yeah right! Well....actually, he did it. He called my sister and asked her to bring Lyndsay's earrings by at lunch. So, the little princess got her earrings and all was well in Lyndsay Land.

As a sidenote, I think she was scared the earring holes would close if she didn't have any in and convinced Mr. Smyth this might be a catastrophe of some sort.

2 comments:

The Professor said...

Maybe the hole thing I can buy...but it was probably Ms. Princess being herself :p I love that girl :o)

VRA said...

Funny. I had a catastrophe to the like last night. While watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" for the 493rd time with my kids, I suddenly realized I didn't have my earrings in. Now, a little background. About 4 months ago I was called for a 23 month old who drowned in the family pool, while mom, after a night of partying and smoking pot, slept off her hangover. My earring must have gotten loose, because I lost it somewhere on scene. They were a beautiful pair of gold hoops that my husband got me for Christmas. I was very distraught, but trying not to make it too obvious that I had lost this earring amidst the crisis that was going on before me. I never did find it and ultimately was ok with that, being that the whole reason I was there was much more than materialism. Ok, bringing you back to last night. My husband also got me a pair of diamond earrings for our first anniversary (I think), nearly seven years ago. I had them in since the drowning, as I can only wear "real" gold earrings due to allergies. I took them out to clean them, silly me, and put them in a dish on a window pass through in our kitchen in cleaning solution. Well, before my holiday baking rush I decided to thoroughly clean my kitchen. I washed counters, cubboards (even if they are new), appliances, dishes, etc... Sometime in the chaos I must have 'accidentally' dumped the container these were in down the drain to wash the dish. Absent-minded as I sometimes am, I cannot for the life of me remember dumping this down the drain, but do remember putting the dish away. Now--who can I blame this on, I'm thinking during my grief. My husband, laughing hysterically (with a little relief as well) tells me how sorry he is I did that but also reiterates that it for once wasn't him that did something disasterous like such. So, my depression (and drama) for the week has officially started.