Friday, November 12, 2004

Why did You choose me?

My dad and I were driving along. My dad asked, “Did you hear about the woman who accidentally missed a curve and drove into a lake killing herself and three children? Why would God allow such horrible things to happen?”

Suddenly, I got really quiet. It was like everything I’ve learned flew out the window. I stammered through things about free will, accidents and the devil, not really making a lot of sense. My dad totally called me out on it and then said he didn’t believe in Satan. He asked, “Why would God create an opposite of himself?” Again, I was speechless.

I don't know why that is when I get in front of non-believers, or people who challenge me, or people who are only asking me questions....I clam up. I get intimidated. I feel like I don't want to say the wrong thing or what I'm saying sounds crazy.

Why would God pick me?

Sometimes I wonder about this. So many people are so much better in leading, witnessing, helping others...I suck. I know satan is real. I know God gave him free will to turn against him. Coincidently (wink, wink), those were the answers I was given in Route 66 the next day.

I pray I will have the words to answer my father someday. Maybe try to lead him a little more and not feel so blind by my own feelings of inadequacy.

1 comment:

The Professor said...

Ok...check out some of the other people God picked...Moses for example couldn't speak in front of crowds. Give it time...trust God to give you the answers...maybe he just wanted you to listen to your dad...not correct him. Maybe I am wrong?! Pray about it ;o)